pipikwan pêhtâkwan is an Indigenous owned, led and majority staffed public relations agency focused on elevating Indigenous voices, projects and issues. We primarily serve Indigenous businesses, organizations and communities to bring their voices to the mainstream media and general public, while ensuring Indigenous Peoples maintain ownership of their initiatives and stories. The pipikwan pêhtâkwan team prides themselves as helpers who understand the barriers and know the language that resonates with our peoples. We collaborate with our partners to build communications and engagement strategies that work for Indigenous communities.
Job Posting: Web Design and Digital Marketing Intern
Reporting to the Web Design and Digital Marketing Manager, the Intern - Web Design and Digital Marketing will support digital marketing, video production, search engine optimization, web development, analytics and reporting.
The position will be working remotely or the candidate can use our shared co-working spaces in Edmonton and Calgary locations with regular supervision and development. This includes regular video-conference meetings, ongoing virtual team messaging/chat tools, emails and telephone calls.
- Use common tools to achieve client goals such as SEMRush, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Ads
- Coordinate development and execution of clients’ marketing resources
- Coordinate reporting and analytics of client websites and social platforms
- Collaborate with public relations, marketing, and design teams to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Assist with special events and related marketing activities
- Assist in web development and design using platforms such as WordPress, Squarespace, and Wix
- Assist in hosting server and domain maintenance
- Facilitate client creation of user profiles for web assets
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Conducting market research and supporting effective marketing decisions
- Apply principles of strategy and branding to assist in the creation and implementation of effective marketing plans
Skills & Competencies
- Experience applying theory and practice to develop compelling visual, verbal, written materials, and framing communication for diverse audiences.
- Resourceful, takes initiative, and can work independently.
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
- Experience with project management software (e.g. Asana, Monday, Trello, ClickUp) and ability to organize and execute on multiple plans concurrently.
- Working knowledge of web content development, management, and other web technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Near completion or recent completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma in digital marketing, web design, graphic design.
- Education and practical knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of marketing, public relations, graphic design, web hosting and development and business communications.
- Candidates must have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada under relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings, and weekends.
- Virtual work placement with potential for occasional travel requirements. Out of province applicants are invited to apply.
Start DateMay 1, 2022
As this agency is focused on working with Indigenous communities, preference will be given to applicants who identify as Indigenous, Black, or as a person of colour or people with extensive experience working with Indigenous communities.
Benefits for interns include, flexible work schedules, remote work from home, four-day work week, health spending account, and an awesome collaborative and supportive team culture.