pipikwan pêhtâkwan is an Indigenous owned, led and majority staffed public relations agency focused on elevating Indigenous voices, projects and issues. We primarily serve Indigenous businesses, organizations and communities to bring their voices to the mainstream media and general public, while ensuring Indigenous Peoples maintain ownership of their initiatives and stories. The pipikwan pêhtâkwan team prides themselves as helpers who understand the barriers and know the language that resonates with our peoples. We collaborate with our partners to build communications and engagement strategies that work for Indigenous communities.
Job Posting: Finance and Contract Management Specialist
Reporting to the Founder, the Finance and Contract Management Specialist supports daily logistics and financial projects and tasks. This role’s key functions will be assisting with accounts payable and receivables, grant applications and reporting, and contract management.
Accounts Payable / Receivable
- Manage and maintain all aspects of payroll from set-up to reporting to verification.
- Review monthly staff expense reports, approve, and reconcile with supporting documentation.
- Monitor incoming payments and reconcile invoices in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit client invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending reminders and contacting clients.
- Monitor invoices to identify late payments and work with clients to resolve issues.
- Work with accountants to reconcile ledgers to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted on a monthly basis.
- Compile financial reports for revenues including operational expenses and profits.
- Communication with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with the Founder and Operations Team to maintain company financial health and offer creative budget, cash flow and other financial solutions as needed.
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner.
- Develop quote and service contracts for new clients to ensure the work is clearly defined, key performance indicators and payment schedules are clear, and all documents properly signed off.
- Ensure changes to project scope are clearly documented and terms/ costs are amended accordingly.
- Manage service contracts to ensure terms and conditions are met, reporting and invoicing is timely and within contracted terms.
- Create client invoices and ensure invoices are tracked to collection.
- Ensure that all customer invoicing information is properly filed for future reference.
- Ensure all contracts are closed out according to company standards, final project report is completed.
- Assist Project Manager in setting up project in system to ensure compliance to client invoicing requirements.
- Work with Project Manager to set key milestones in project management system to ensure timely invoicing and completion of project.
- Search for potential grant programs, draft applications/ proposals, and manage successful applications.
- 4+ years experience in accounts payable/receivable or experience in a general accounting position.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or CAPP or CAPA certification considered an asset.
- Experience overseeing budgets and expenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Workplace, Dext, Quickbooks, and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and able to problem solve.
- High attention to detail and organization.
Salary Expectation$55,000 - $65,000
As this agency is focused on working with Indigenous communities, preference will be given to Indigenous or persons of colour or people with extensive experience working with Indigenous communities.
A competitive benefits package included. Benefits for full-time, permanent staff include paid vacation, personal days, flexible work schedules, remote work from home, health insurance, paid Friday’s off and a collaborative and supportive team culture.